Monday 19 July 2010

Day 2 - Lazy Day

I have posted all of my photos in a Facebook Album and I would love you to view them by clicking here: Jamie on Facebook. You do not have join FB to view them :-)

Here is my sister's house, an amazing and huge French style villa. I am staying in one of the guest rooms on the top floor. Its a really long way up, especially in the heat, so I have to plan what I want for the day so I don't have to keep going back up to get things!

Today has been a very relaxed and lazy day. Mostly sat around reading or updating my blog and photos. Forgot how time consuming that can be.
After realising we were hungary and finding the deli closed, we decided just had to go out for lunch! What a hardship - LOL. Off we went just down the road to Mekong Merchant Cafe (below).
It is a in a prime location on the main road through the suburb An Phu where my sister lives, so has a very high percentage of ex-pats frequenting it. The food is excellent, but the prices are high compared to other cafes in the city. For example we paid about $AUD45 for the four of us for lunch with coffees and one beer.
Mum and Bec


Me and Dad

Oh, I have to tell you that the Heineken I had only cost 29,000 VND which is about $AUD1.70, and this is the price I paid in a restaurant. They are even cheaper at the bottle store!

After getting home and playing badminton on the lawn with my nephew Ben, my Dad and Phong the gardener, we were all rather hot and sweaty, so it was into the pool to cool down. Now the kids are playing outside, Mum and Dad are relaxing on the porch watching proudly what their grandchildren are doing, and I sit here at my computer again - surprise surprise!

The river barges chug slowly up and down only metres from the house, so full of sand that the edge is only a few inches from going under. It is a balmy 30ish degrees. Quite humid as you would expect but quite bearable now I have cooled down in the pool.


Dinner is being prepared as I sit here in the dining room. We are having Vietnamese spring rolls with fresh produce bought at the markets today. I am really looking for to sampling the real thing made by our Vietnamese cook Van. 

Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. Well Done, Jamie. Enjoy your Another Trip To Vietnam, We are waiting here to move around Sikkim Himalaya in between tribes.

    Regards,
    Sand Das.
    http://www.GoSandPro.com

    ReplyDelete